Thursday 12 February 2009

Pupils' Response-School's Vision, Mission and Value

Anderson Primary School's Mission is "Providing quality education to equip pupils with the values, knowledge and skills for the 21st Century."

Our Vision is "A School of Distinction Nurturing Future-Ready Citizens of Character"

Our Motto is "Courage & Sincerity"

Our Core Values can be remembered as SPICES:

  1. Self-Discipline
  2. Passion for Learning
  3. Integrity
  4. Courage
  5. Excellence
  6. Sincerity

Mummy says an organisation should have a mission because the teachers and other people working in the school can work towards a common goal. I think the school's mission and vision are not so easy for the pupils to understand. It is easier for us to understand the motto and to live out the values the school has. The core values can be understood and put into action.

I believe in the school values because they make us better people if we use the values to live our lives. Like if we are self-disciplined and have passion for learning, we can achieve better marks in exams. If we have integrity and courage, we are honest and tell the truth even if it means getting ourselves into trouble. If we do everything with excellence, we can give good quality work and be proud of ourselves. If we are sincere, we can have many friends.

Not every student will think of the school values when engaging in activities inside or outside of school. Mummy always reminds me that if I wear my school uniform outside, people know which school I am from, and I may embarrass the school if I misbehave. I don't always live out the school values, but I will ask Mummy and Daddy to help me and remind me about the school values because I want to become a better person.

Teachers can help students to learn and remember the values by letting us know when we have done well and have done something that shows the values. We can also do group projects on the different values and brainstorm about how we can practise the values wherever we are, for example, when we are at home or outside or in school, etc.

No comments: